[plug] SATA drives on another system

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Fri Jan 30 10:51:39 WST 2009

"Jon L. Miller" <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au> writes:

> These drives are only being accessed to try to exact some data from
> them after that they are destroyed. I'm a little hesitate in doing any
> kind of rebuild for the fear of altering the data on a particular
> area.

Ah.  In that case my personal approach would be to boot something from a
"LiveCD" on a random workstation — I would probably use an Ubuntu image,
but any distribution LiveCD should be fine.

They should be able to mount the FS and transfer data across over the
network to your server without having to put the disks anywhere
important.

Regards,
        Daniel