[plug] Scanners - again!

Marcos Raul Carot Collins marcos.carot at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 22:31:55 WST 2009

> "Unable to open device
> "hal:///org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_4a9_172e_12CEC8_if1_printer_
>noserial": Permission denied.
>
> This is using the recommended driver "Canon PIXMA MP610 -
> CUPS+Gutenprint (OpenPrinting LSB 3.2) v5.2.3 Simplified"
> and modifying in accordance with
> http://mp610.blogspot.com/2008/02/canon-mp210-and-mp520-join-party.html.
>
> An attempt to scan returns the message:
>
> scanimage: open of device v4l:/dev/video0 failed: Invalid argument"
>
> Dave D

There are lots of new errors like this around and they have something to do
with an update to PolicyKit.

Lots of people sudenly don't have permision to things like mount a usb drive
or reboot.

With this comment I mean that maybe this is an unrelated problem to the one
with the scanner.

Cheers!

Marcos