[plug] OO Calc question

Ari sothisistheinternet at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 20:27:57 WST 2009

Steve Boak wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I'm trying to create a simple mailing list in OO Calc, but every time I enter
> an email address into a cell it changes the cell appearance to a button with a
> link to maillto:<email at address> as in the attached image. I want it to display
> as a simple text string.
>
> The column is set to text format, but that doesn't seem to help. The only
> option that makes the column look right is selecting default formatting on the
> cell, but then if I change the contents at all it jumps back to button mode.
>
> Can anyone throw a little light on this strangeness?
>
> Steve

Hi Steve,

I don't have a copy of OO to work with right now, but from memory it
sounds like one of the autoformatting functions in calc is taking
precedence over everything else. I'd try first turning off
autoformat/autocorrect altogether and see if that solves the issue. If
so, turn it back on and go through the options until you find the one
responsible. Sorry I can't be more specific right now.

Good luck,

Ari