[plug] consolidated supply

Kirk Turner gameldar at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 11:10:49 WST 2009

> You've clearly got an active
> phone service with Telstra, so need to check whether your exchange has
> other providers' DSLAMs in them - http://adsl2exchanges.com.au/  In
> fact, having ADSL2+ with AmNet obviously they have presence in the
> exchange!

Just a note - even if your exchange is ADSL2 enabled it doesn't
guarantee your line is directly connected to the exchange - much like
was the case for me. It is probably worth a call to Telstra to confirm
if you have a copper-only connection to the exchange - they were able
to tell from my number (or it might have been the address) that I was
connected to a rim rather than directly to the exchange.

In Dave's case - he is already on ADSL2... so that isn't an issue.

Kirk