[plug] Consolidated supply

Paul hooker at iinet.net.au
Sat Oct 31 17:58:41 WST 2009

That's not just a Telstra advantage though - a lot of the Telco's
(meaning the Telstra resellers) will offer the same thing.

It's a feature of having a normal ("old style") phone connected to a
landline which is connected to Telstra equipment in the local exchange
(i.e. something beyond the MDF). It means that the line, and hence the
phone, is powered from the exchange.

Naked DSL type services don't offer this of course.

Paul