[plug] OT: Pool of IPs for testing load-balanced connections

Adrian Woodley Adrian at Diskworld.com.au
Fri Sep 4 10:30:04 WST 2009

The routing tables will only now as far as their local gateway device
(NextG router, Satellite modem, etc), which will be performing NAT.
Knowing that your gateway device is up doesn't necessarily imply that it
has Internet access, especially with things like NextG and Satellite.

This is why it would be a lot easier if this style devices supported a
better routing protocol than RIP.

Adrian