[plug] Linux tablets.

Daniel Foote freefoote at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 19:37:29 WST 2010

> Hanvon bc10 touchpad  (also samsung galaxy s :)
>
> Being a glutton for punishment
> I wanted something to play with
>
> getting linux install is EASY :)
> no touchscreen yet and wireless a pain
> (but can use a belkin 54g usb for wirless, anyone know of another wireless
> usb that just works?)
>
> ubuntu 10.4 (64bit)
> ubuntu netbook
> both where installed via wubi
>
> but can run linux livecd off usb dvd no probs
>
> anyone else tinkering??

Yes, I'm another tinkerer. I found the same things you did; no touchscreen
and the wireless doesn't work.

The manufacturer provides Linux drivers for the Wireless, but they don't
work. ndiswrapper also didn't help with this card.

As to the touchscreen - it's detected by the kernel and X, but simply
doesn't work. I've been meaning to cat the event file and see if it's
sending anything at all. One report on the internet with the same hardware
says that they upgraded to a kernel.org kernel and got random keystrokes
with that kernel...

So if I may ask, where did you get yours from?

Daniel Foote.