[plug] PLUG servers, and Meetings

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 15:40:59 WST 2010

I'm posting this both to the main list and ctte, as I see no reason
for the general plug people not to be involved in the discussions.

Firstly, I'm having some problems trying to connect to plug's
webserver (shameless), so it would be good if we worked on a new
website on the VPS server at some time. Suggestions welcome for CMS's,
ideally something simple for everyone to use, but also powerful enough
that we can have fancy things like "upcoming events" and other things
like that.

Secondly, this is mostly direct at Harry. Computer Angels holding page
WAS on un, the server that died. I was attempting to get into
shameless to see if I could find a copy of the holding page. If I can
find a copy of the holding page, I'll update the DNS (spark is still
running, ever faithful little box) to point to the VPS server, as I've
already put an Apache vhost on there for computer angels.

Lastly, as President I've somewhat let you guys down of recent due to
having very limited internet for the last 3 or so months. I'm now
settled in QLD, in a location that can't even get ADSL1 (it would if
telstra put more dslams in), so am limited to mobile broadband still.
But, I now have a good gateway machine setup, that gets great
reception (weather dependent) and also makes connecting easy. So,
hopefully my connection is stable enough that I can participate in
plug still. I believe Skype works, so SIP should work too.

So, out next meeting should be Sept 14th. I've not seen anything said
about meetings since last meeting should have happened, and I've not
heard if anything has been organised for Sept 14th. So firstly, the
meeting should be at the normal place, the Futuresphere, Patrick will
let us know if that can't happen. It should be 7:30pm WST.
Do we have anyone who wishes to present a talk that night?
Also, do we have anyone who wishes to play around with Ekiga (SIP) and
see if we can have a "teleconference" for those who can't be there
physically?

Anyway, hopefully this'll spark some discussion, and we can have some
PLUG stuff happening again!

Thanks

Tim

--