[plug] Print Servers

Jason Posavec jasonposavec at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 17 10:53:57 WST 2010

I recall a thread recently about somebody trying to get drivers to work
for a particularly proprietary MFP, and was having problems getting
Linux to recognise all of the various features of it.

Does anybody know, or has anybody tried any of the print server hubs
that are out there? I'm looking at getting a MFP in the future, and am
wondering if the print servers look after all the driver-related aspects
of the setup, or does the computer still need drivers to access the printer?
 I'm not talking about a full-on print server that's actually a
computer, just the $100 ones you can buy.

Jason Posavec