[plug] Renaming the primary user account

Kev kdownes at oceanbroadband.net
Sat Mar 6 15:28:55 WST 2010

Hello PLUGgers,

I have a netbook in which I wish to change the name of the primary (the
only) account.  There is only 1 user acct. and I would like to change
the the name of the acct., the name of that acct. user and the password
for that acct.  I've sold the machine and the new owner wants to leave
the setup exactly as it is (minus personal files) but would like to have
a personal login and acct. name.  I don't really want to spend the time
setting up a new acct. for her if I can just change the name of the
existing acct.

I'm sure it's simple, but I'm obviously more-so.

Cheers
Kev

Kev Downes
The Other Other Operation
kdownes at oceanbroadband.net  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We currently use Xandros 4.1
There are 10 types of people ...
   ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!
Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous
mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that
it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.