[plug] Identd server that "hides" the user

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Oct 19 10:44:57 WST 2010

Hi Tim,

You could write one. As a Perl hacker, I'd look at:

http://search.cpan.org/~jettero/Net-IdentServer-0.56/IdentServer.pm

With a nice example there that implements and IdentD server that returns
a random word from the dictionary each time. Perhaps in order to be
consistent, could modify that so instead of looking up the dictionary,
it returns an md5 of the user in question. So in the example of
"RandomIdentServer", change:

        if( $type eq "UNIX" ) {
            # intercept these valid responses and randomize them

            $info = $this->choice;
        }

to something like:

        if( $type eq "UNIX" ) {
            # intercept these valid responses and md5 them
*	    use Digest::MD5 qw(md5_base64);
            $info = md5_base64($info);*
        }

(I'd put the *use *statement in the new() function, but you get the idea).

  James

--
*James Bromberger*
Aus Mobile: +61 422 166 708