[plug] Librarian's Role

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Feb 22 20:05:20 WST 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-22 at 19:34 +0800, James Bromberger wrote:
> On 22/02/2011 5:35 PM, Lance Duivenbode wrote:
> > Sorry about the delay on this but I've been flat out with Real Life
> > (TM) :-)
> >
> > Actually we do have a librarian - it's me (elected unopposed at the
> > last meeting and looking forward to world domination - see the AGM
> > 2011 minutes).

Something that would be more useful in a librarian-ish fashion than a
store of obsolete CD's is a page of "useful links" for the "Perth" Linux
User - ideally update and expand the "Resources" link on the plug
website.

Things like where are local repositories, (debian at uwa, iinet (and other
ISP based ones), a brief "what is WAIX and how do I access it" - or
point to an existing guide.  Free wifi sites in WA (Maccas, ? :), links
to how to set up iinet VoIP on asterisk (or any other local VoIP
providers).

There are plenty of good guides/information out there, newbies or those
venturing into new areas just need pointing in the right direction for
local resources - we dont need to provide them, thats already been done!

The idea is to highlight things of use to the [PERTH] linux user - both
old and new!

And please not a wiki - they suck :)

BillK