[plug] Librarian's Role

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Tue Feb 22 19:34:32 WST 2011

On 22/02/2011 5:35 PM, Lance Duivenbode wrote:
> Sorry about the delay on this but I've been flat out with Real Life
> (TM) :-)
>
> Actually we do have a librarian - it's me (elected unopposed at the
> last meeting and looking forward to world domination - see the AGM
> 2011 minutes).

Ah. So sorry.

> Seriously though, I've held this post for almost 3 years and this is
> the second request I've had. I would love to invest some resources
> into doing something, but at the moment I'm not sure what I can do.

Well, it can be anything you'd like, or if you think of something new
(like Webmaster) it can be that too. Would you like an account on the
drupal site to add content there (same goes for anyone else who'd like
to contribute to PLUG's web site - just ask!).

> I previously floated the idea of setting up a wiki but that was shot
> to pieces by a few people and the interest waned. I'm open to doing
> *something*, I just need a consensus on what to do!

Well, the current Drupal (version 6) site is there. The only reason its
not an open site is we've had a lot of SPAM links added (which took a
few hours to clear), and the easiest solution was to restrict account
creation down a bit. But we'd love it if people would like to contribute
to the site.

Perhaps this is something we (all) can talk about at *The Artifactory
*in 2 weeks time (our next scheduled PLUG talk).

    James

--
Mobile: +61 422 166 708, Email: james_AT_rcpt.to