[plug] What language to learn? - COBOL

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sat Feb 26 18:33:39 WST 2011

As a S/370/390/z-series COBOL/Assembler/C programmer,

Much as I would like to reply to you peasants from my mansion in
Peppermint Grove, I cannot - I have nearly 30 years experience in COBOL
- at least 5 years programming myself, and the rest gunning for problems
the application programmers were involved in .... as a Systems
Programmer  - think Sysadmin with a white coat ...   :-)

I was unemployed from the end of Feb 2010 until I got my present job - I
really would like to hear about the COBOL jobs I missed - I applied for
everything I saw ....

I've decided that my my future is in another direction - namely Linux,
but I sometimes wonder .....

--
Richard Meyer

Welcome to the Internet:  Where men are men, women are men, and children
are FBI agents.

Linux Counter user #306629