[plug] Ubuntu Unity

home at oranges.id.au home at oranges.id.au
Sat Jul 23 22:00:12 WST 2011

On 14 July 2011 11:36, John Knight <anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com> wrote:
> What surprises me is that I thought most people would say, "...screw it,
> I'll use Kubuntu", but I guess it shows how much GNOME users don't like KDE,
> and vice versa. Weird.

I guess the issue for me is that I only have one computer that I spend
most of my time using, and I don't fancy twiddling about switching
between two window managers. That said, thanks for the reminder of the other
major, mature, highly featured window manager out there (: I might
give it a go next time I get a real choice.

Anyway, the main reason I'm resurrecting this thread is that I came
across some more info on Unity, particularly its keyboard shortcuts:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/28086/unity-keyboard-mouse-shortcuts
I have stumbled upon some over the past couple of months (esp
Ctrl-Alt-NumPad#), but some there that I haven't found look handy.

--
Gregory Orange