[plug] Dual monitors on Linux Mint 10 LXDE (Nvidia)

Lee Jamieson leejam at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 11:07:53 WST 2011

I'm trying to set up dual monitors on my laptop, running Linux Mint 10
LXDE. The laptop's resolution is 1440x900 and the secondary monitor's
resolution is 1280x1024.

Is there any way to make them work so that I can see both screens in
their native resolutions?

The lappy is a Emachines G420, with a Nvidia geforce 9100mG gpu.

I'm using the Nvidia X server settings screen, but I'm not sure how to
set it up.

I remember seeing Adam Davin's setup (drool :) ) where he had his
smaller monitor scroll up and down so he could see his panel bar and
so on, but he is also using synergy (?) as a kvm.

--
-
Regards,

Lee Jamieson