[plug] mail issues

Jon Miller jonl711 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 17 04:05:13 WST 2011

Found out it's not the imap that is the problem.  It is the hdd drive.  I did a reboot and of course the server does not come up it is reporting Grub Error 17.
After trying to boot the server with a Linux LiveCD, I see some errors message stating:
sda: Current: Sense key: Medium error  Additional Sense: Unrecovered read error  Info fld=0xa2end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 162Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 81
There are a few of them.
So I tried issuing fsck -cc and I was expecting it to run for a while but instead it just went back tot he command prompt.
What I would like to do is run a utility to mark the bad blocks.
Any idea what command or utility I can run on these scsi drives?

Regards

Jon