[plug] PLUG AV Project needs an 'old loaner box'

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 12:58:06 WST 2011

Pluggers,

Does anyone have an old box not being used?  Are there any 'corporate
types' out there that have spare kit lying around that management
would approve being 'lent' to a community group?  Even an unassembled
mobo/cpu/ram combo would probably fit the bill if we can't get a
working box.  Dual core would be very nice, lots of ram always
appreciated though we do have some spare sticks that might do the
trick.  If you've got something laying around that you could lend to
the project it would be really appreciated.  We're planning on getting
a working system together, at which point we'd be looking at an LA
grant to purchase new(ish) kit.  At that point we could return any
loan boxes.

Once this project is off and running, we can then do live streaming of
PLUG meetings and presentations so it's a very worthwhile cause.  I've
already loaned two working boxes to the project, but the third I had
lying around has a dead motherboard.  If anyone has a spare socket 939
mobo that supports AMD64-x2 processors, that would be *awesome*.  If
your spare box needs transport, just yell and we'll see what we can
do.

Dig deep, PLUG needs you!

Regards,
Tim Bowden.