[plug] Proxy server

Tim weirdit at gmail.com
Wed May 18 13:13:14 WST 2011

>> <shameless promo>
>>
>> If you need a server in au, why not join PLUG and get a shell account?
>>
>> </shameless promo>

<snip>

> Who is the person looking after the PLUG machine (time for a Shameless plug,
> anyone?) these days?

While this is a great idea (for low bandwidth stuff). Current status
isn't so good given the current lack of a shell server, and a database
for authenticating off. Hopefully that'll all be rectified in the near
future.

In a bit of a plug, I do have a server that I don't mind being used
for a short term proxy if needed. I can simply give you a deb package
to install, that will get you a openVPN connection to the server, then
you change the default route's yourself and direct all your traffic
through the VPN. An email offlist can discuss this.

Tim
--
Timothy White - Somewhere in Australia