[plug] A long time inactive, and all I can do is ask for help!

Ian Kent raven at themaw.net
Wed Nov 16 11:33:18 WST 2011

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've been active in PLUG but, hey, I need
help so I thought I'd ask here first.

I guess everyone has heard about the (fairly) recent kernel.org
compromise. kernel.org is back now but you might notice that a lot of
the projects, especially those not kernel specific are still not present
and my project, autofs, is one of those.

Being a Perth resident and past PLUG member it occurred to me that PLUG
might like to host this or perhaps just the tar distribution and
patches, while the git repo could be hosted on github.

I do need to mail the kernel.org admin (its probably long enough now for
them to have decided what's going on) to find out if they are willing to
continue to host the autofs project. But I haven't done that yet.

The thing that is good about kernel.org is that it is distribution
agnostic which I like, but PLUG would also be distribution agnostic so I
like that too.

Anyway, that's the question, would it be possible for PLUG to host
either or both of the autofs git repo and tar distributions and patches.

Ian