[plug] Web / Database advice sought

Alexander Hartner alex at j2anywhere.com
Thu Sep 1 16:00:26 WST 2011

Hi there,

I am most likely going to get a lot of criticism for suggesting this, but I would recommend Java for the following reasons:

1.) Run on Linux and Windows
2.) Free runtime and developer kit including IDE
3.) Lots of open source libraries to do:
3.1) Web base applications
3.2) Generate picture perfect PDFs which will print just fine
3.3) All the stuff in between

I was doing a POC on what can be achieved and came up with this:

http://j2anywhere.com/WebSign/

What this web application does is capture a signature (via tablet etc but works with mouse as well) and submits it to the server. The server then takes the signature and places it inside a PDF file. You can try it out for yourself, just draw a squiggle instead of signing it of course.

Alex