[plug] AGM Video, Committee line up for 2012, upcoming meetings.

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Wed Jan 25 13:17:10 WST 2012

Hello all,

The video from the AGM is now available at
http://www.plug.org.au/video/2012/; it's missing the first 10 minutes or so.

As noted at the meeting, we didn't get our required 30 members present,
which meant that "special measures" were exercised one week later
(exactly); the subsequent special measures meeting adopted the
resolutions as held during this meeting. For those that missed the
committee line-up for 2012:

* I'm still here as President! ;)
* Euan de Kock joins as Vice President
* Nick Bannon takes over the treasurer's role
* Peter Lyons continues to serve as Secretary

Our provisional OCMs (until the new constitution is confirmed by fair
trading) are:
* Alastair Irvine
* Craig Inches
* Luke John

Thanks to all outgoing committee, all who volunteered to stand for a
position, and those that voted on the night (including proxies).

While I'm here, there's a couple of other meetings happening in the next
few weeks (check the PLUG calendar):

* This Friday, at UCC at UWA from 7:30pm, a bunch of people interested
in getting Linux.conf.au here again are meeting. Jump on the userconf
mailing list http://lists.plug.org.au/mailman/listinfo/userconf
* Monday 30th Jan evening is our bi-monthly PLUG IN The Pub, at the Moon
& Six Pence, Murry Street, City, from... end of work onwards.
* Tuesday 14th Feb is our next talk on Moodle by Moodle creator Martin
Dougiamas, being hosted at Challenger Tafe in Fremantle, starting at 7pm
sharp.

Thanks all,

  James
--
/Mobile:/ +61 422 166 708, /Email:/ james_AT_rcpt.to
PLUG President 2012: http://www.plug.org.au <http//www.plug.org.au>