[plug] Ubuntu 12.04 headless with nvidia

Shanon Loughton autobot at iinet.net.au
Thu Jul 12 10:53:05 WST 2012

Thanks guys

Im in a situation where I can't attach a monitor at the moment at site.  I
think the answer is a properly configured xorg.conf but still not sure how
in 12.04.

Yes traditional VNC doesnt need a display 0.  However Im experimenting with
TurboVNC and VirtualGL and it needs a display 0 to render GLX commands on,
then pass to display 1 which is my VNC display.

I want avoid nouveau driver for now unless I really get stuck with Nvidia
binary -  I dont think thats the problem, but rather X/gnome/unity whatever
is.

cheers
Shanon