[plug] Help needed

David Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Fri Jul 13 15:55:49 WST 2012

I have signs of my hard drive failing. On 2 recent occasions it failed
to boot, one with a 'read error' warning. Second attempts were
successful but I'm now afraid that the next attempt will be the last.

The main OS is Mint Helena but there is XP, Ubuntu and the latest Mint
version on it as well. I don't care about the other Linux versions and
the only reason for keeping Windows is the grandkids giving me an ipad.
V nice of them but....

There is room and there are power plugs for for the new drive if that's
thought to be the way to go to transfer what's necessary before trashing
the old one.

I'm not sure that my technical ability is good enough to tackle the job
and wonder if you could recommend someone who could take on a little
paid job. Including the supply of the new drive, approximately how much
would I be up for, do you think?

Regards
Dave Dartnall