[plug] SOHO UPS Suggestions

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Thu Jun 7 11:54:00 WST 2012

On 6 June 2012 20:48, Kevin Shackleton <krshackleton at gmail.com> wrote:
> You need to get batteries with 6.35 mm spades, not the 4.5 mm spades that
> Altronic/Jaycar batteries have.  These batteries should have better
> high-current rating than the ones used to power burglar alarms.  They're
> obtainable through Battery World, if anyone knows of a cheaper source ? ?

I bought batteries for a 2U APC SmartUPS 3000 early this year, cheaper
than I could find from our old supplier, and much cheaper when I
realised our old supplier isn't in WA and no longer ships for free!
http://www.elecpowertech.com.au/

Curiously, they sold me eight individual batteries instead of a single
battery tray. They offered to turn up and replace all the batteries
for me, but also told me it was pretty simple to do it myself. I did
so, and they picked up the old ones for recycling. This floated my
boat because there was no need to replace the tray, just the batteries
themselves, and I figure this contributed to the lower price too
(assuming old supplier would have shipped a tray).

Greg.

--
Gregory Orange