[plug] Linux and Fuji Xerox Phaser 3160N Laser Printer

Tim White weirdit at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:25:15 WST 2012

I'm looking at the following printer.
http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Technology/Printers-and-Scanners-and-Faxes/Laser-Printers/Mono-Laser-Printers/INFXP3160N

I have for many years used Brother laser printers, and they have "just
worked" generally under Linux. My main reason at looking at another
printer, is that the 3160N has wired networking, which my current
brother doesn't. I actually had a good laugh at the office works site
when looking at brother printers, a colour laser with wired networking
costs ~150, yet the consumables for it add up to ~400 just to change all
the toners, for not much more yield!

What experiences do others have with Fuji/Xerox printers under Linux,
and what experiences with these printers in general? Should I be
sticking with a Brother?

Thanks

Tim