[plug] Linux and Fuji Xerox Phaser 3160N Laser Printer

Richard Meyer meyerri at gardenshark.org
Mon Mar 5 19:13:29 WST 2012

Don't know about that one, but I have a USB laser printer and it is
really plug and play - haven't needed to replace carts yet, but as far
as I know they aren't too bad.

On Mon, 2012-03-05 at 18:25 +-1000, Tim White wrote:
+AD4 I'm looking at the following printer.
+AD4 http://www.officeworks.com.au/retail/products/Technology/Printers-and-Scanners-and-Faxes/Laser-Printers/Mono-Laser-Printers/INFXP3160N
+AD4
+AD4 I have for many years used Brother laser printers, and they have +ACI-just
+AD4 worked+ACI generally under Linux. My main reason at looking at another
+AD4 printer, is that the 3160N has wired networking, which my current
+AD4 brother doesn't. I actually had a good laugh at the office works site
+AD4 when looking at brother printers, a colour laser with wired networking
+AD4 costs +AH4-150, yet the consumables for it add up to +AH4-400 just to change all
+AD4 the toners, for not much more yield+ACE
+AD4
+AD4 What experiences do others have with Fuji/Xerox printers under Linux,
+AD4 and what experiences with these printers in general? Should I be
+AD4 sticking with a Brother?
+AD4
+AD4 Thanks
+AD4
+AD4 Tim
+AD4 +AF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXw
+AD4 PLUG discussion list: plug+AEA-plug.org.au
+AD4 http://lists.plug.org.au/mailman/listinfo/plug
+AD4 Committee e-mail: committee+AEA-plug.org.au
+AD4 PLUG Membership: http://www.plug.org.au/membership

--
Richard Meyer
+ACI-He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself

Linux Counter user +ACM-306629