[plug] linux on an android tablets - questions please

Leon Wright techman83 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 22:43:21 WST 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Daniel <cottmain at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> I also read "Linux kernel 3.3 released with merged Android code"
>
> I don't understand the impact:
> Would these two mean the full linux experience and thus allow things like easy
> remote access?

There is no real impact that you will see as an end user. Previously
Google had their own fork of the kernel specifically for Android. They
worked to get their changes merged back into the mainline kernel. What
this will really mean is easier and faster development for the Android
developers. At a guess it will also mean if there are any
improvements, for non Android specific parts of the kernel they can
more easily submit the patches.

I'm guessing you wont see any of these things in a normal desktop
kernel unless you enable them when you compile and probably wouldn't
be used.

At least that's what I've picked up, happy to be corrected if my
understanding is wrong.

Leon