[plug] Request for advice about RAID & networking problem

Chris Hoy Poy chris at hoypoy.id.au
Thu Jan 24 06:28:54 UTC 2013

:)
have a look at the output of the "mount" command and determine the top level file systems and what format they are :) Then a quick google for that file format and the keyword "resize" will likely suffice.

I think you are only likely to have an issue if you have (for some reason) partitioned the harddrive and allocated specific partitions as PVs, rather then just the raw block.

If you have, for some reason, allocated a partition as a PV, then you have a lot of fun times in front of you and I hope you have backups. Read up on resizing partitions. Can be easy, can be hard, *IT DEPENDS* :) You will learn a lot of things you will likely wish you never had to know.

have a look at "fdisk -l" and/or "pvdisplay" and see if that's the case - if the entire disk is allocated as a PV, you'll likely only see an entry to /dev/md0 in "pvdisplay"

I think "mdadm --detail /dev/md0" will give an indication of the size of the underlying MD raid1. That should be similiar to the size shown by the "pvdisplay". If the md0 is still your original 500gb, then you still need to play with mdadm until it grows. Otherwise, just grow the PV (pvresize does that) then the rest all falls into line.

//chris