[plug] gigabit switch recommendations

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Mon Dec 29 03:37:51 UTC 2014

On 29 December 2014 at 06:34, Adam Ashley <plug at adamashley.name> wrote:
> The HP 1810 series of switches are perfect for what you're after.
> http://www.estore.com.au/hp-1810-24g-24-ports-manageable-ethernet-switch-sku-hps0691

I've been very happy with our 1810G-24s, both J9803A and J9450A. The
latter is an older model with a slower web interface, but otherwise
appears to do all the same things at the same speed.

I had a problem with an aggregated link between two of them that was
unreliable when using LACP, and I vaguely recall that I updated
firmware to no avail. I've made it a static aggregate link and it has
been flawless. It matched what the guy selling them to me said when I
was considering them: "I've used them a lot, and they're generally OK,
except for trunking which seems to do the odd funny thing."

HTH,
Greg.

--
Gregory Orange