[plug] Broken Box

Alexander alex at spottedmouse.com
Sun Oct 26 15:20:42 UTC 2014

Could it be that your netgear router is also blown. I suggest you test
your ethernet card by connecting it directly to your laptop. Hopefully
the network card will detect cross-over and allow you to at least ping
between the computer and your laptop. You will need to give both static
IP addressed for this to work.

1.) Connect both computers using an ethernet cable

2.) On your laptop run:
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.55

3.) On your affected computer run:
ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.56

4.) Run the following two commands on both computers
ping 192.168.0.55
ping 192.168.0.56

5.) If the pings work the problem is with your router, if the pings do
not work it could be something on the computer.

Can you confirm that the ethernet card on the affected computer in on
the motherboard, or was it an added expansion card ?

Good luck.