[plug] Do I need a custom PPA ?

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Fri Jan 30 07:03:47 UTC 2015

On 30/01/15 14:40, Euan wrote:

> I'm assuming here that you're developing in a real language (c / c++) -
> let the flame wars begin about that statement...

Actually, pretend languages can use and incorporate local dependencies
too, its just that pretend programmers (that only know "real" languages)
are generally unable to get things to work because there are no websites
to hold your hand ;)

<g,d,r>

Andrew, when I bump up against that problem I just grab the deb sources
for the version I need, and build it on the OS that I need it for.
Sometimes a bit of makefile hacking is required (like for pre-multiarch
systems and post-multiarch packages) but generally it *just works*.

Just start with an apt-get build-dep libn3l and start from there.