[plug] Error issues caused by chip card OxA886

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Tue Jun 23 04:51:55 UTC 2015

On 21/06/15 14:09, Craig Foster wrote:
> [...]

Yeah, so a bit of a look around says that this card is supported by the
Broadcom proprietary wl driver. That's inconvenient but not a show
stopper (I have the same issue with my Macbook Pro).

Originally I used the source tree from Archlinux, but I ended up using
the Ubuntu version. I don't build driver packages, I just make && make
install every time I instal a new kernel (which is not infrequently).

Linda you don't mention which particular flavour of linux you are trying
to install. In my case (because the laptop does not have an ethernet
port) I had to install linux with all the dependencies to be able to
build a kernel, then copy the driver source across using a USB stick.

If you give us some more specifics on what you are trying to install, we
might be able to help further. lspci says you have a hardwired ethernet
port, so if you can plug the laptop into the back of the router during
install to get to the net then you can just install the driver package
and its dependencies and you should be good to go.