[plug] SUNs free to a good home

Peter Dreisiger prd at decarchive.org
Wed Mar 4 06:30:15 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Apologies for the cross-posting, but I have a bunch of Sun machines and associated spares and peripherals (including keyboards and various framebuffers and SCSI cards) that I need to give away (else, dispose of) in the next week.  Amongst the collection are:

- 5x SPARCstation IPCs;
- 1x SPARCstation IPX;
- 1x SPARCstation ELC;
- 4x SunRay 150s;
- 2x SunBlade 150s;
- 3x Ultra 5s; and
- various pizza-box SPARCstations (i.e. 1s, 2s, 5s, 10s, 20s).

I'm slightly less concerned about getting rid of the latter machines, but am happy to part with them if someone has a use for them — practical or nostalgic.  Most machines were quite nicely spec'ed out for their times (i.e. dual-CPUs where possible, more RAM than less, etc.) and all worked when I last used them a couple of years ago.  Oh, and aside from the various BSD and Linux distributions that support these machines, I also have OS installation kits for most of the above (with the possible exception of the SunRays — I never really got around to using them).

Pick-up is from South Lake, though if there is some interest from the Artifactory and/or UCC lists and people are okay with me using the space(s) as a short-term collection point, I could probably drop stuff off there.  If you're interested, please contact me directly.

Thanks in advance,

Peter