[plug] Can anyone recommend resources (local and online) for developing a Linux SOE ?

Shaun Hofer plug_list at holoarc.net
Fri Apr 8 15:59:37 AWST 2022

My last email didn't make onto list (DKIM issues).

 From a Red Hat perspective there's a few ways you can do SOE image build:

  *   Ansible Automation Platform using playbooks in yaml or/and
  * Satellite
    (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4hBVgaaBo4&list=PLfQqjZzqDMuVVQ51OzSoiHlfwNApVoIFf&index=2)
    that will manage the whole life cycle
  * Recently released the ability to do base images as well -
    https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/8/html/composing_a_customized_rhel_system_image/composer-description_composing-a-customized-rhel-system-image

We support a lot of open source projects (not complete list as I keep
finding out! https://redhatofficial.github.io/#!/main) which feed into
our commercial offerings and vice versa (AWX,Foreman, Spacewalk, etc) .
Not every open source project we support is a product.

There are growing number of providers/companies that support RHEL here
in Perth. Across many different segments of the market (SMB, government,
commercial, etc)  and do project work to full managed services. All
using the tools above. Happy to do introductions.

Kind Regards

Shaun Hofer

shofer at redhat.com