[plug] Programming for kids

Gregory Orange home at oranges.id.au
Fri Aug 5 22:38:32 AWST 2022

If they've already done some block programming (Scratch or whatever), Minecraft (edu edition?) has block programming with a Python tab as well, which my youngster has launched into, with me cheering from the sidelines.

She went to an afternoon codekids thing recently and IIRC they used IDLE - seemed to do the job fine.

(Bah humbug I thought, learn vim and never look back... oh wait, I'm old, and new gen has to do things their way. Forest != trees, trees != forest.)

--
Gregory Orange