[plug] block lists for phones

Brad Campbell brad at fnarfbargle.com
Tue Jul 18 13:38:05 AWST 2023

On 9/7/23 19:31, Brad Campbell wrote:
> On 6/7/23 20:15, William Kenworthy wrote:
>> Thanks Onno, interesting but not what I was after.  I am looking for a list of Australian spam numbers - the pbx is behind a firewall with only the upstream IP/port able to access it so its numbers coming through the VoIP provider I am after.
>>

> That way madness lie. They spoof caller ID. I've had people call me back that I've never called. Once we started investigating it all became apparent.
> Same way I've called people back. Friends and family have had the same thing, so there's no real way to create a "list" as the numbers they appear to come from aren't the actual source numbers.

Obviously as penance for posting that, this week I've had 3 people call me back because someone has used my number for Caller ID. Lovely people to chat to, and apparently at the time the weather in Brisbane was nice.

--
An expert is a person who has found out by his own painful
experience all the mistakes that one can make in a very