[plug] September events

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Sat Sep 9 15:49:06 AWST 2023

- Second Sunday, tomorrow 2023-09-10T12:00 at the Perth Artifactory, Osborne Park:
  - PLUG+POSH Hack afternoon as usual
  - bring your project or help out on PLUG stuff

- Second Tuesday 2023-09-12T18:00 at Riff/spacecubed.com , CBD:
  - PLUG Infrastructure Hack-night
  - PLUG needs you! Help us get our CI/CT/CD pipeline flowing, bring a
    laptop. Inductions in August, test-suite in September.
  - maybe run https://github.com/plugorgau/calendar-check
    - or add https://events.raspberrypi.com/

Speaking of - PLUG could still really use a semi-regular Quartermaster:
someone to bring a daypack, 6 or 10 drinks and ice, on their way into
a second-Tuesday event. See also:
- http://lists.plug.org.au/pipermail/plug/2018-September/084051.html
- http://lists.plug.org.au/pipermail/plug/2019-March/084121.html

...and PLUG-in-the-Pub, with ITLAPD come around again this month. We'll
be going on:
- Thursday, 2023-09-28 from 18:00:

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 12:52:11PM +0800, Nick Bannon wrote:
> [ PLUG in the Pub [...] https://www.plug.org.au/events/ ]
> Yarr! I think we have a tradition going on here. ITLAPD was this Sunday,
> so bring your shiny doubloons and your chums tonight to the
> Pirate Bar, 25 Green St, Mount Hawthorn.
> Generous pints, good food, games to play.

Bonus, call it a release party for Debian "bookworm" 12, and 30 years
of Debian, at the heart of the world's most successful Linux distros.

- https://www.plug.org.au/events/
- https://www.meetup.com/perth-linux-users-group-plug/events/293608551
- https://www.piratebar.com.au/
- https://www.facebook.com/piratebarperth
- http://talklikeapirate.com/ (with their own blog/events list?)

Happy hour 1730--1830, come find us and look for Tux.

Anyone got a good local PLUG-in-the-Pub venue for November or January?
Good night to go, specials?

Nick.
PLUG Secretary 2023

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal