[plug] Redhat and Mylex Acc170 install

Michael De Santis michael at harvestroad.com
Thu Oct 5 12:49:03 WST 2000

I am hoping that someone can help with a  Redhat and Mylex Acc170 raid
card  install problem

I have a client's machine that I wish  to install Red Hat 7 on that has
a MylesxAcc170 raid card .  I do a "Expert Install" from the Red Hat
install disk so that I can specify the "DAC960" driver as part of the
install.  This is where it  falls over and does not add the device .
Being that the Mylex  Acc170 is a relatively new card I suspect that the

current "DAC960" driver  does not support this model.

Looking at the  http://www.dandelion.com/Linux/DAC960.html  website for
more info, it states that a driver is available and can be added to the
Kernel.  However since I have not yet installed linux on this machine I
cannot recompile the kernel with this new driver

What I would like to know is how can I create a Driver disk  with this
latest Mylex drivers  so that I  can get carry on with the
installation.? Or is there a better method to get out of this chicken
and egg scenario.

Cheers
Michael

Michael De Santis                        michael at harvestroad.com
Systems Administrator                    Harvestroad Limited

                 http://www.harvestroad.com