[plug] Query about gateway computer settings

Craig Foster Craig at fostware.net
Thu Mar 24 13:38:51 WST 2011

See below

Configure your modem using http://192.168.0.1/setup.cgi?next_file=mode.htm and set it to modem mode.

Set the encapsulation type according to http://help.optuszoo.com.au/help/dsl/connected/windows/modemwvista/speedstream_eth

Then configure the linux box to do PPPoE using the rest of the settings on that page.

> Both modems have Administration Guides published and available on the

> Internet.

Modem mode is an undocumented "feature" of the Netgear DG models